There is the general SEO rule for readability of your article is that when writing for a general audience; youRead more
In early March,2015 WhatsApp rolled out its newly added feature of audio call to only handful of Android users withRead more
I really like and use frequently WhatsApp. All features are nice except video compression quality, Right? Well, this new feature inRead more
Which one of these is good for what purpose. Here is the basic Difference chart which depicts the most common strengths and weakness of these three Adobe products.
- Adobe Photoshop is always good for Image manipulation
- Adobe Illustrator is very famous for logo designing
- Adobe InDesign is famous for magazine production
Little Introduction about Firefox with history
Firefox 6 got released on 16th Aug 2011. I think it’s too early to release a newer version even when Firefox 4 and 5 are not in major use. But I feel the browser competition; especially with Google chrome’s frequent releases forced Mozilla to do so.
I am hard core user of Firefox browser and use lots of useful plug-ins for my day today activities over internet. According to W3schools around 42% internet users use Firefox and around 23% people use Internet Explorer. Another Major browser into the account is Google Chrome which is being used by almost 27% (increasing rapidly). Browser statistics from various agents clearly depicts that Mozilla is a one sided winner in this browser’s race now. Although Google Chrome is going to be a tough rival too! But who cares.
- When Mozilla launched Firefox v1.0 in November 2004 then there was hardly 2% of internet users were using it.
- Version 2.0 got released on October 2006. They did major enhancements and was being used by Linux users by default, apart from safari.
- It leads the browser war after releasing v3.0 in June 2008 and it was the most stable version of Firefox till now. I am still using Firefox v3.6.3 in one of my computer. It’s never gave trouble to me though.
Later they found few major security bug, crash issues and lack of look and feel layout. They did few minor fixes and released version 4.0 on March 2011. Although very few people were using it. May be they didn’t want to switch from 3 to 4 . Anyways it was big failure from Mozilla side and they launched version 5.0 just after 3 months with all updated bug fixes and it was just similar to IE9 and Google Chrome.
But Firefox v6.0 took even lesser time to come into existence. Less than 2 months…. What happened to you Mozilla? Don’t be insane. You are still user’s favorite. You don’t need to do lots of fancy experiments like IE or Chrome and you don’t have to release every new version just after few months. Stop it Now dude!. Version 6 looks cool and I wish it will be into existence for a year at least.
I personally appreciate Mozilla’s work for bringing up totally fast, elegant, more secured browser for us. Releases will go on , whenever system ,users or situation demands any changes. On 16th August Firefox v6.0 released and v7.0b1 has been started for newer release. It is usually with every software around the market. So welcome abode Firefox v6.0
Now chrome and IE users may switch to Firefox after using this version. There are many features of this version which really impressed me:
- It opens faster
- Takes less space than previous Firefox, so less CPU memory consumption
- Look and feel is similar to IE + Chrome combination which makes it better than those two browsers.
- Browsing tab comes above the address bar
- Bookmarking is now more easy and customized
- Quick Find can be enabled just by clicking / then type whatever the word you are looking for. It will spot at the first word simultaneously. (Ctrl+F open Find and / open quick find mode)
- Alert message is no longer dull, it’s just equivalent to jquery alert effect. I liked it personally
- Text Area box can be resized. If you need to write longer passage just resize it using mouse over the corner of text box.
- It highlights the domain name. (again matters for technical people. It’s not so useful for common users) So in a URL like httphttp://www.aliencoders.org/category/wordpress-category/techno-buzz/internet-related, www.aliencoders.org would be emphasized.
- Simplified reload /stop button (in Firefox 3.6.3 it was before address bar.)
- Home button is introduced like Google Chrome just after the address bar.
- Auto switch tab:If you are going to open a website which is already opened, it will redirect you to existing tab. This is really cool feature to have.
- Smooth Scrolling: Earlier it was creating problem if you would open more than 10 tabs but now its new feature lets you scroll through tabs easily to see them all and access the one you want quickly.
- New option tab have been added ”stay sync” which helps you to browse your bookmarked websites, stored password, visited websites from one system to another.
- Auto-fill Form : If you are going to write same value for any form field that you have already filled in some other form, will be suggested and will be auto filled for you
- No more Firefox crash when adobe flash, Microsoft silverlight or Apple’s quick gets crashed.
- Now you can view 3D games, videos usinf Firefox Brwoser!!! WebGL brings 3D graphics to Firefox.
- Supports more than 100 International languages.
windows win32 en-US
Note: The beta version of Firefox 7 i.e. v7.0b1 released on 18th August. It will include some major visual appearance changes. Will be fully supporting HTML tags, 3D video rendering etc….Read more
Have you ever imagined, what will happen, if you would forget or compromised your login password in Windows O.S.?
There may be a situation when your friends or relatives may play prank with you and will change administrator password. What you will do then?
In short, if you are using Windows Operating Systems and want to get rid of forgotten/lost password or want to reset almost all the existing password at one go. Then “Windows Key Enterprise Edition is for you only.”
Here are the listed features of this particular software:
Just burn it into CD and you are done!
- 100% recovery rate
- All passwords are reset instantly
- Windows 7 New!, Vista, Vista SP1 supported
- All Windows Workstations supported
- All Windows Servers supported, including Server 2008 (Windows Key Professional and Enterprise editions only) New!
- Resets passwords with a bootable CD-ROM
- Resets passwords with a bootable USB drive (Windows Key Professional and Enterprise editions only)
- Burns password reset CD
- Resets local Administrator passwords
- Resets Domain Administrator passwords (Windows Key Enterprise edition only)
- Resets local policy settings
- Resets secure boot options: startup password or startup key disk
- Displays account properties
- Supports all Service Packs
- Supports RAID/SCSI/SATA drives Updated!
Its latest version is: 10.3.2585 whose archived size is: 5.12 MB (8.2 MB approx in iso format). It’s a shareware software. So you need to pay to use its full version. You can try demo though.
Other versions are Windows Key Professional and Windows Key only which has limited features.
Image Source: http://www.lostpassword.com
Whatever be your profession, it doesn’t matter how busy you are in your life. You will listen songs, watch movies for sure and computer plays an important role for such entertainment stuffs always.
You must be using any one of your favorite Multimedia player to play songs, watch movies, video tutorials, etc. So which player is your favorite one? Mine is all time favorite KMplayer.
5 Multimedia players that I have are (Ranks may differ person to person):
- First things its free and plays almost any video formats at its best. Takes very less space and runs audios/videos hassle free.
- Keyboard shortcuts make it very easy and comfortable to use. Its very user friendly too.
- The KMPlayer is a versatile media player which can cover various types of container format such as VCD, DVD, AVI, MKV, Ogg Theora, OGM, 3GP, MPEG-1/2/4, WMV, RealMedia, and QuickTime among others.
- It handles a wide range of subtitles and allows you to capture audio, video, and screenshots in many ways.
- Click here to download. For more details about it, read our previous article on it.
- It is also open source and latest VLC player also plays almost everything. But its not so user friendly like KMPlayer. After using it for few days, you may be habituated for it too.
- VLC comes with nearly every codec built in, so no need to update for codecs.
- It plays damaged files too! Which means Missing or broken pieces won’t stop VLC to play undamaged part of it.
- Its available for all Operating Systems which makes it most popular all over the computer users.
- You can download VLC Player from here.
- a. If you use internet to watch videos, downloads audio/video files from youtube, apniisp etc then You might need Real Player too!
- b. Very few players supports .rmvb. It plays .flv, .mpeg, .avi and other various formats too
- c. Real player is also available in all O.S. flavors and its available for free and for premius use too (paid one)
- d. You can download videos, share through FB, youtube, twitter and can burn too!
- e. For more details and to download this player Visit here
- a. Most computer users would have windows Operating system by default and it contains WMP already. So people get used of it. WMP 11 is really cool and has really all features that other media players have.
- b. A tree-style file directory makes it easy to find the music you want quickly, and a simple search box gets you where you want to go immediately.
- c. A five-star rating system lets you rate your music, then organize it by rating, so it's easy to group your favorite songs
- d. Download it for free from here
- I have used winamp, jukebox and BS Player too. BS Player is the newest one and winamp is all time favorite for listening audio songs.
- Winamp is available for android too. Its skin, and playing features can attract anyone to have it in their system.
- Download Winamp from here
- BSPLayer is very light, so don’t take much CPU space, downloads and saves subtitles automatically. Plays high resolution video smoothly. HD Laptop users should have it .
- Download BSPlayer from here.
In internet world, we can’t get any info without web browsers. Isn’t it? Whatever we are looking for over internet, browsers will only display it. Right now you are reading this blog through some browser for sure. You might have used few different browsers and have rated according to your taste (requirements, comfort, efficient, add-ons support etc) . In 2009, Internet Explore was at the top. Mozilla Firefox at second position and Google chrome was at third position.
But in 2010, situation got changed. According to my observation/opinion (after doing some search on google and doing some analysis using Google analytics), browsers rank would be:
- Well it’s my one of the favorite browsers too! I like its simplicity, customizing options, navigation speed, tabbed browsing (now common to every browser), integrated search engine etc.
- It has more than 10 thousand active add-ons which you can customize and enhance your web browsing experience.
- It supports HTML 5 audio and video too!
- It’s there by default in Linux Distros.
- Its features are more useful and powerful but designed in very simple way, which I like in it.
- Its much much faster now in comparison to version 3. Try to have Firefox v3.6+ and feel the difference
- Firefox 3.5+ has integrated private browsing too that you can easily enter and leave the private mode, browsing seamlessly in complete stealth mode. I have tried it few times.
- Lots of documents are there to support its features, where you can get in detail about its features and add-ons
- Firefox is a FREE to download and most of the add–ons are also free.
- If Google has developed something then how we can deny its greatness, name is enough to describe it. It uses complex features but have made it simple (but not so simpler like Firefox, as I felt).
- It has also lots of updated features that you may need and tools are there.
- Private more is also there, similar to Firefox. So security is there of course!
- I liked its drag and drop feature (anywhere you wish)
- I liked its another unique tab feature that simplifies your browsing is “related tabs”. When a new tab opened, the new tab is placed next to the originating or parent tab, rather than at the end of your list of tabs. (This is not there in Firefox yet)
- It uses “sandboxing”, which makes every tab to run independently in the browser. This is great because if a certain application crashes, it will stay isolated to that tab only, it will not affect any other tabs. Different processes run separately in their own tab. This technique helps computer to stop one tab from taking control of all others. Once you close a tab, that process is completely terminated.
- It uses online task manager feature too, which comes handy for internet geeks.
- Its also very fast and I have both browsers in my system along with other 3 browsers.
- Although IE 9 is there in market, but still I like IE 7. IE 8 was a big flop, it seems. As most of the computer market has been captured by Microsoft’s Operating System which has Internet Explorer by default. That’s why, it is mostly used for browsing.
- Its startup time is bit faster but navigation time is little slower than Firefox and Chrome
- Now newer version is having add-ons, tabbed feature is also there and integrated search window is present too.
- Internet Explorer 7+ has enhanced security features. It provides security for the entire family and offers extensive parental controls to protect children against web predators and inappropriate content.
- Another browser that enticed me towards it. Best thing is you can configure Opera to fit your needs and your style. Arrange panels, toolbars and buttons and choose from several unique skins and various widgets.
- Its everywhere, talk about any O.S. and mobile phone; it will be there J . Its one of the only browsers that has interactive voice commands. You can navigate the web by talking to the browser, and Opera will even read text to you.
- Visual tabs, mouse gesture, opera turbo (double your speed in lower connection), Speed dial are some really amazing features in Opera.
- Its free and more than 150 million are using it. I didn’t like its downloading features as it starts downloading my torrent files too L (not a big issue though)
- Earlier when we use to hear this word, we thought that oh its only for Mac users but now not anymore, anyone can use it. Its look and feel is too cool. After all its apple’s product J
- I like its colored progress bar on the toolbar that shows how fast a page is loading and how close it is to being complete.
- You may feel tough at first site but its very user friendly like our top rated browsers
- Its very fast and popular. Still I need to explorer its various features
- Its secured too!
Other popular browsers are: -> Avant (UI effect is really cool and its user friendly too), ->Maxthon(It uses Internet Explorer engine internally and features lots of add-ons too. Very popular in China as it’s a Chinese product J ) and ->Flock (social networking website, so its popular because of Facebook, twitter and youtube integration)Read more
2. Move all the files and folders from the "plug_ins" directory to the "Optional" directory. (I repeat.. cut and paste the files NOT copy & paste).
Also make sure that acrobat reader is not open else it will lock the files and not allow you to move the files). Now your acrobat reader will load very fast and almost as good as notepad.. enjoy it…….Read more
Anti-virus, these days has turned out to be one of the inevitable requirements for the personal computer. With the novel ideas of hacking erupting every now and then, there is a need for a perfect information security system that has all your confidential information safeguarded. Reviews of the latest top brands of anti virus systems are as follows.
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2011
An anti virus system that has all the required features of any good anti virus software, though advanced is simple in installation and usage. It is designed in such a way that it protects, prevents and removes all the malware that causes harm to the PC and robs you of your secret information.
The protection that the software provides is from all the traditional computer virus types in addition to having the capacity of detecting new threats. There is also an online download and installation facility that keeps you at ease. Its usage of iChecker and iSwift scanning technology helps in keeping your resources safe. The other features include a virtual keyboard, desktop security gadget which offers better access to your system security and gamer mode.
Norton Anti-Virus 2011
This brand of anti virus has always been on the forefront ever since anti virus software saw its light of day. It supports a number of browsers like Chrome and Opera, email clients like Outlook and IM clients like Yahoo and MSN messenger. This is also known for its simple-to-use characteristic and easy installation. It provides information security to the hilt so that the ones who know how to create viruses and spread it can never ever cause harm.
The most important feature of this software is the bootable recovery tool that helps in the fixing of a crashed PC. The advantage of Norton Anti-virus 2011 is that there is a Norton Safe Web for Facebook. This scans the videos posted by your friends for virus
Bit Defender Anti-Virus Pro 2011
The best aspect of this easily accessible anti virus software is its flexibility. It can work when controlled manually or automatically. The feature of the Bit Defender Anti-Virus Pro 2011 that is worth a mention is the inclusion of the Search Advisor that provides protection while surfing on the net using any browser.
Apart from providing all the features that a reputable anti virus software provides, it does all the optimization with the maximum speed. Therefore, it provides a complete information security from different types of virus. A specialty mode is also offered for the laptop which can automatically run even when the laptop is left unplugged.
ESET NOD 32 Anti- Virus 4
The latest version from the house of ESET NOD 32 Anti-Virus has a number of features that were missing in the previous version. From keeping your PC safe from Trojans, spyware and viruses this high speed anti-virus version knows how to prevent computer viruses at all times.
It is provided with a smart scanner that detects even the hidden threats that can harm your system. Along with the email scanner it also has the necessary system tools that help in the cleaning of the infected system effectively with the help of Integrated SysInspector and SysRescue.
This article was submitted by one of our guest author: Sweta MenonRead more