When it comes to developing images for webdesign, no tool is more versatile than Photoshop. Although Illustrator may be better suited for creating graphics from scratch, Photoshop has an abundance of tools including basic creation. It's the other tools for images that makes Photoshop such a powerful asset. What can be done with this popular program?
1. Resolutions – The first thing you should know is that producing images for the Internet only needs to be 72 pixels. While you can use images that are larger in resolution, the will become larger in file size taking a computer longer to render it.
2. Buttons – Creating buttons in Photoshop is relatively easy. Thanks to the Bevel and Emboss tool, you can put an outer bevel on a simple square image and give it a 3D protruded look as if you were looking at a real button. Through the use of CSS rollover image commands, you can have this button one color while changing to a different color once the mouse moves across it.
3. Gradients – Photoshop has the ability to place gradients in your text, images, backgrounds, and more using any number of colors you wish. You could easily create a an effect of the entire spectrum of the rainbow in any selected layer. There are hundreds of ways that the gradient ability can be used in regards to designing stunning effects for anything you are making.
4. Shadows – In the layer commands, Photoshop can create drop shadows for the image. This is great for assisting in simulating 3D effects that seem to rise up off of the screen.
5. Outer Glow – The outer glow ability can make your selected image stand out. This creates an aura around the image of any color and size you like. This works great for getting attention to your text.
6. Product Collage – By selecting individual products from multiple images, you can drag them into a single image to create a collage. For instance, dragging multiple automobiles into a single header image would work great for a car dealership or seller website.
7. Be anywhere – Much like create a collage, you can select yourself and become super-imposed on a background of your choosing. This method has created a lot of controversy since the early days of Photoshop for it allows anyone with the skills to fake nearly any image imaginable. You could put the Titanic sinking on Mars, if you felt the inspiration to do so.
8. Backgrounds – For webdesigns, using imagery for the background can be created in Photoshop as well. The background is a good place to test out gradient controls, and these types of images only need to be about three pixels wide. Backgrounds will cycle the image repeatedly on the Internet and creating a gradient look doesn't take much.
9. Appearance Enhancement – Did you know that you could make the text of your website look like it was written on 2,000 year old parchment? You can create the look in Photoshop and use the image as a background in a table or CSS command.
10. Banner Creation – To make your own banners, they need to be 468 x 60 as a common configuration. You can put any image or images into a banner to make it an attractive advertisement. However, putting too much pizazz in a banner could make it too large of a file and could possible cause issues trying to upload it to your server or a banner exchange program.
From banners to text, Photoshop has the ability to do it all. Since the mid '90s, this program has been the forerunner for the graphic designer coupled with Illustrator. It's a tool that can make any image more or less than it really is.
Jason Miner plays a vital role for www.blogcarnival.com. He is an expert in writing topics of different categories. He is helping the carnival team to grow & working on making this an even better place for bloggers.
Latest posts by admin (see all)
- How Mobile Phone signal booster can be useful for you - August 14, 2014
- Participate in CodeVita 2014 – TCS Global Coding Contest - August 6, 2014
- 8 Hottest and Newly Emerging Engineering Jobs in India - July 1, 2014