I was getting below errors.
- Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: rpmfusion-free
- Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: rpmfusion-nonfree
Here are few working steps which would solve the above said error.
- First check what rpmfusion-* repo is showing. In my case it was showing Fedora 6 core repo baseurl, but it should show EL repo base url.
yum repolist enabled
- Now, erase the base url given for rpmfusion-*-release
[root@AlienCoders ~]# rpm -e rpmfusion-free-release rpmfusion-nonfree-release warning: /etc/yum.repos.d/rpmfusion-free.repo saved as /etc/yum.repos.d/rpmfusion-free.repo.rpmsave warning: /etc/yum.repos.d/rpmfusion-free-updates.repo saved as /etc/yum.repos.d/rpmfusion-free-updates.repo.rpmsave
- Then, replace them with correct repos for RHEL 6 or compatible like CentOS:
su -c 'yum localinstall --nogpgcheck \ http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/el/updates/6/i386/rpmfusion-free-release-6-1.noarch.rpm \ <a href="http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/el/updates/6/i386/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-6-1.noarch.rpm">http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/el/updates/6/i386/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-6-1.noarch.rpm</a>'
- Now check again yum repolist