I was getting below errors.
- Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: rpmfusion-free
- Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: rpmfusion-nonfree
Here are few working steps which would solve the above said error.
- First check what rpmfusion-* repo is showing. In my case it was showing Fedora 6 core repo baseurl, but it should show EL repo base url.
yum repolist enabled
- Now, erase the base url given for rpmfusion-*-release
[root@AlienCoders ~]# rpm -e rpmfusion-free-release rpmfusion-nonfree-release warning: /etc/yum.repos.d/rpmfusion-free.repo saved as /etc/yum.repos.d/rpmfusion-free.repo.rpmsave warning: /etc/yum.repos.d/rpmfusion-free-updates.repo saved as /etc/yum.repos.d/rpmfusion-free-updates.repo.rpmsave
- Then, replace them with correct repos for RHEL 6 or compatible like CentOS:
su -c 'yum localinstall --nogpgcheck \ http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/el/updates/6/i386/rpmfusion-free-release-6-1.noarch.rpm \ <a href="http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/el/updates/6/i386/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-6-1.noarch.rpm">http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/el/updates/6/i386/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-6-1.noarch.rpm</a>'
- Now check again yum repolist
[root@AlienCoders ~]# yum repolist enabled
You can see at the above image that rpmfusion* is showing RPM Fusion for EL 6. Now, try to install anything through yum command, it would work fine.
Hope this would solve other users problems too.
Latest posts by Sanjeev Jaiswal (see all)
- Possible ways to hack mail account - April 5, 2016
- Hiding sensitive header response for IIS server - March 17, 2016
- First Android App reached 2 million downloads says Ankit Srivastava - February 29, 2016