It is aptly said that the first impression is the last impression, but it depends on you if you make it a lasting one. The same stands true for your blog. The impression first time visitors get from your blog is probably what decides whether they will be coming over again or not. Thus, it’s essential to make or upgrade your blog in a manner that first time visitors are glued to it.
You need not hire any web application development company. All you need to know is where to begin from and what to focus on. You need to look at your blog from the perspective of a new comer. You need an ample span of time to evaluate and a checklist to ensure that you have included all possible suggestions you could think of.
So grab your pen and paper or open up a fresh text document, because you obviously don’t want to miss out on the following essential tips that will help you to revamp your blog potentially:
1. It’s a Name Game: The name or the title of your blog is the first thing that grabs the attention of your users. Choose your blog’s name carefully. Check what message the name sends out. Make sure there’s a positive vibe to the name. It will invite more positive attention.
2. Tag it Right: A tagline speaks a lot about your blog and your personality as a blogger. Ensure that you choose the right tagline that is both informative and inviting. It must tell the first time visitors about what your blog is about and what lies ahead for them.
3. Design it professionally: Choose a premium and professional-looking theme for your blog. It may involve onetime cost but it will definitely help your blog stand out from the rest. Ensure that the design is clutter-free and easily navigable.
4. Let Popularity Reign: Pick the most popular posts and place them on the sidebar. This will make your content easily accessible for the new comers and will also leave a positive impact on them.
5. Be in touch: Make it easy for the readers to reach you. Place a prominent contact button on the main navigation bar. You can also add contact info in your author bio. Ensure that users don’t have to jump from one page to another just to find your contact info. Make contacting you super easy.
6. Welcome Guests the Right Way: If you are welcoming guest posts on your blog, ensure that you display the guidelines in an easy-to-locate way. You can think about adding a guest post guidelines or write for us tab in the main navigation bar.
7. Sharing is Caring: They say sharing is caring. Adding social sharing buttons at the end of your posts is a good idea. Add buttons to social networking sites on which you are active. This will help you respond to the posts immediately and you will be able to keep a track of what is happening.
These seven simple steps will help you upgrade your blog both functionally and aesthetically and that too without the need to outsource web development services of any web application development company.
So, what are you waiting for? Upgrade now!
Amy Patrix is a developer cum blogger at xicom technologies, a reputed outsource web development company with more than a decade of experience in web application development services.
Image Source: http://www.technoskillonline.com/