We have discussed “Steps to make your website popular” and this article will also do the same thing for by telling you that what you should avoid while writing blog so that you will not get punished by users and search engines.
There are lots of free web services providers like wordpress.com, blogspot.in, tumblr, freewebs, co.cc where people create their blogs and just start posting stuffs without thinking that what’s going on under the hood of that. So, we usually do some mistakes, which may hamper our Google page rank, search results, and indirectly affect our users too!
If you know what those common mistakes are and how can try to avoid those till minimum level you may gain an edge over the other bloggers from the same. Let’s have a look, what we can do to make our website more search and user friendly by avoiding those mistakes.
- Don’t use such title and tags which will get punished
It may happen that you may get high end traffic due to title and tag for temporary purpose but in long term it will get punished by search engines specially Google. Once users find it irrelevant to what you tried to explain in title, they will never come back to your website even you write very useful stuffs in future. So, think twice before using title and tags.
- Don’t use Keywords used casually, it has it’s own importance
Take some time before posting article on keywords, title, tags which will be very fruitful in long run. You can get these entire things by using third party tool like SEO stats for WordPress. It will help you in finding some of the most searched keywords that can fetch you good traffic which might miss while doing it yourself manually. (If you are expert in SEO then no need of such tools 😀 )
- Try to avoid using heavy graphics to make the site beautiful
Anyways search engines look for text not for images. So, try to avoid adding images where you need to provide information to the search engine or use alternate text if image is necessary to be used. Try to use text in the headers that will help search engines find you easily, if its flash based website specially.
- Never ever think of Less quality more quantity
- You might have observed that there are many sites which are having hundreds of posts but not even listed in top 10 pages of Google Search. And there are few website which are having very few articles but are very popular over the internet. What matters is “Quality not the Quantity”.
- Try to write/post such contents which is worthy for users. Your contents should be unique. It should not be just copy-paste from other websites. It may degrade your website ranking.
- Before writing any content, try to do some Google work to see if such articles are already there in market. How you can make your article unique and how you can compete with existing article over the internet.
5.Update Broken Links time to time
So, always give some time to check if there is any broken link or not and try to fix at earliest else not only user would hate this but search engine would rate negatively. There are various plug-in available for famous CMS like Drupal, WordPress, Joomla etc.
6.Don’t do mistake by providing links of lower page rank
7.Must avoid Plagiarism always else quit blogging!
When you are copying anything from someone’s website like images, quotes and even full content; try to give credit to original author who have done lots of hard work to publish original content over the network. It is taken seriously in term of academics, websites and will lead to worst consequences if you are still ignoring this!
I hope it would help the majority of the bloggers (although its common and most of you would know already).
Please leave your feedback/suggestion/critics as comment to this post.
Image Source: www.leadership-idn.com